WOW!…THIS EMAIL CAME TO ME a few days ago!!….i will keep the mans name anonymous. Enjoy…Tommy Lee
I wanted to take a little time out of my day to tell you a story.
A little more than 2 years ago, when you were going on tour to Australia, your Macbook Pro broke.
I was the technician that worked on it. Bad motherboard, front light blinking, one half-hearted beep on every 3-4 boot attempts. A single transistor on the underside of the processor had burnt out and left char marks under your keyboard and the bottom side of the inside.
My boss asked me to make an image of your hard drive, and whether that person was serious or not, made quips about selling it.
Early in the following year, I left that company. I was actually fired, but I left with the copy of your drive, and vowed to lock it up and forget about it for the rest of my life; I didn’t want anyone to get ahold of it.
I will admit, although I didn’t rifle through your private things, through almost 18 months, living almost penniless, that I contemplated selling it. I had offers in the 6 and 7 figures, from shady middlemen, and from large, douchebag tabloids.
Never did I follow through. For 2 years, the thought of the drive locked up in it’s airtight container stood at the back of my mind, and no matter what, I always came to the same conclusion, regardless of the hardship at the time: You are a human being.
Yesterday was the last day I let the drive be any part of my mind, and put a 9mm bullet through it, held it up to a grinding wheel for a half an hour, and have a bag full of aluminum metal shavings and printed circuit board.
I think it might be hard to understand for anyone else but me, but just simply having that drive nearby, and having to battle with taking the easy way out… It made me stronger as a person, got me through everything, and brought me to a real, genuine place of live-and-let-live.
I own a technology development company now, and through a crazy series of events, I have to thank you, for unknowingly being one of the largest motivators in my life. Having an immoral goldmine at my fingertips, and taking a route compassionate to someone I don’t know showed me my own strength.
That’s all I got, wish you could see how light I feel right now.
Hope you, and your family are doing well,
|73 notes||2:35pm 15/1/2012|
- choosingguns likes this
- justanotherpsych0 likes this
- saywhaaaaat likes this
- justarocknrolljunkie reblogged this from thetommylee
- krizzlem reblogged this from thetommylee
- krizzlem likes this
- slaughteredbylove reblogged this from thetommylee
- kattsworld11 reblogged this from thetommylee
- roman-holiday likes this
- dancingundercover reblogged this from thetommylee
- sarahbeth6bee likes this
- itshopeless likes this
- ryans-ideas likes this
- kumi-chang-wildcat9 likes this
- jenstogs likes this
- miss-medazzaland likes this
- meaganmadness likes this
- perrydotto likes this
- annkaboom reblogged this from thetommylee
- annkaboom likes this
- shoulditrustmyheart-ormyhead reblogged this from crue-slut
- sillago likes this
- thegirlinthestacks likes this
- nomrcynd likes this
- ilikehorror likes this
- dezey likes this
- crue-slut reblogged this from thetommylee
- crue-slut likes this
- kuwartzu reblogged this from thetommylee and added:
- hipsterizzy likes this
- paperandwords reblogged this from thetommylee and added:
- toejones reblogged this from thetommylee
- latp likes this
- skrillette likes this
- olibutt likes this
- hflw reblogged this from thetommylee
- jocelynmorgensternss reblogged this from jonbonjawbone
- the-tallboy-that-fell likes this
- 5ummit likes this
- smellthemagic likes this
- jerfjerf reblogged this from thetommylee and added:
- viciousmax likes this
- a-pinch-of-paprika likes this
- spacecadetpatches reblogged this from thetommylee
- spacecadetpatches likes this
- pleasestayandcomeinside likes this
- 5impleandclean likes this
- glowslices likes this
- jonbonjawbone reblogged this from thetommylee